Thursday, August 16, 2012

New meanings to old words

‎...when all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions, eclipsed by Glory. And I realize just how beautiful You are and how great you affections are for me. 
Oh, how He loves us so.

These words overtook me today as I drove home, playing a song I have heard a hundred times before. These words spoke something new into me as I dwelt on this last year, on my recent afflictions. On the doctors appointments I'm trying to schedule before going back to school. On my family's recent move and impending move. I was a bit overwhelmed by my afflictions, as I often have been recently. When suddenly, I was unaware of them. God's Glory, in these words, demanded my attention and drew me in. Completely overshadowing my problems was God's glory and His love for me. There is no way I can ever repay that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment