Sunday, August 19, 2012

Accountability


I was a camp counselor a few weeks back, so for two weeks I had a small group of junior and senior high girls. Some of the girls were the same between weeks and some changed. One thing that we did second week was to create accountability partners for 2 weeks and 2 memory verses. Everyone would text, call or talk to their partner after the 2 weeks were up and make sure they had memorized the verses. 
I was planning on sitting it out, but we had an odd number of girls, so one of the older girls and I teamed up. However, she asked if we could take it to the next level. It's been 2 weeks since camp, and I've memorized 2 verses. This week, I'm on to 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. We're going to memorize 52 memory verses this year with the help of each other. One verse (or set of verses) every week for a year. Something I wouldn't do without someone pushing me on. There are many things I wouldn't do without someone else holding me accountable and pushing me on, and that is why tonight, I am grateful for accountability, who I am, and who I am becoming because of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment