Sunday, August 19, 2012

Medical Care

I greatly dislike doctors. The people themselves are wonderful, I'm sure. I'm just not a fan of meeting them in their offices. I also dislike hospitals, insurance troubles, and many other things that fall into that category. This last year, however, I seem to be running into that all more than I have in quite a few years. On top of that, I can't get into certain appointments that I need to get into until Christmas break.

However, I live in a place and a family where I can go to the doctor and be treated if I need to. If I am hurt, if half of my body goes numb, if my tonsils are the largest any doctor has seen on an adult, I can get help. I get treatment. There are good facilities no matter where I am, and I rarely have to drive an hour to get to it. So many people in the world don't have that luxury. So many people would be forced to suffer through what I am allowed to get treatment for. I am thankful that I have these things available, even if I don't always appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment